Wednesday 11 July 2012

Funniest Family Guy moment for a while

It's taken me about 7 years to get into Family Guy but I've finally succeeded. I've learnt to appreciate it's rampant lack of political correctness and every so often am rewarded with an episode that manages to touch on a tricky issue with some (only some, mind) sensitivity.

The episode I watched last night was all about freedom of religion and belief. Until now I thought the Life of Brian's 'Blessed are the cheese makers' and 'Give me your shoe!' scenes were the most insightful comedy moments about the astonishing capacity of Christians to judge and condemn each other's interpretations of faith, but now, 30 years later, there's a  new favourite to add to the list


Judging by some of the YouTube comments about this clip, the word irony seems to have sadly passed by a good number of viewers, but nevertheless this was my absolutely favourite moment.



P79JSNTAQVHE 


No comments:

Post a Comment