Tuesday 30 October 2012

Eating and drinking my way around London - the final instalment (for now)


My list of favourite places exhausted for now at least, I give you my Places I Must Try Before Christmas from across London town.

Gordon Ramsay at Claridges, for lunch. Not that I'm a big Gordon fan, he just happens to open restaurants near my current and former places of work. Not as expensive as you’d think for a 2 or 3 course set lunch, and I'm told  the food is just as good, just a slightly shorter menu. Ramsay's Boxwood CafĂ© and it’s mouthwatering Roast Suckling Pig is still sadly missed after shutting down a couple of years ago (sad face.)

Somewhere that sells fish tacos. I have happy memories of chomping down on some in a bar in Chicago, all alone on a work trip. Can't tell you what kind of fish it was though, so I'm open to offers.



The Breakfast Club – Hoxto Square or Soho – in my never-ending hunt for good American pancakes with crispy bacon and maple syrup. And bananas. The Hoxton branch is just round the corner from my new office so hoping to get there soon.

The shisha lounge I passed recently at the end of Brick Lane that reminded me of happy holidays in Damascus in 2009.

More cocktail bars. No, I don't want to book two weeks in advance. No, I don't want to pay more than £15 for ONE DRINK. No, I don't want 2 Woo-hoo's for the price of 1 at Weatherspoons. Happy medium, anyone?

The tiny wine and meat bar on a side street off Soho's Wardor Street. A merry Friday eve was spent with friends - indeed, merry enough that I can't recall it's name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment